- 1 Requirements to grow Money Plant at Home
- 2 Steps involved in Growing Money Plant
- 3 How to grow Money plants with water in Pots?
- 4 How to grow Money Plant in pots with soil?
- 5 How to grow Money Plants in pots with Jelly?
- 6 Tips to Care for Your Money Plant
- 7 Does Money Plant Really Increase Wealth?
Money Plant is a tropical vining plant found in the Araceae family of plants. It is well known for its properties of bringing good luck and great opportunities to your household. Money Plant brings luck, prosperity, and great vibes to a family.
It is extremely beneficial for the Vastu and Fengshui of the house. In addition to that, Money Plant improves the air quality of the home by increasing the oxygen flow. It is great for the financial well-being of a family. Hence, it is extremely essential to have your very own money plant. Today, I will guide you through a step-by-step process of How to Grow Money Plant at Home.
These plants are found mainly in Australia, China, Japan, Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan. This plant grows pretty well on its own. It mostly grows well in temperate regions in countries like India and the other countries in this subcontinent. In this article, I will tell you the ways of How to Grow Money Plant at Home. This article will focus on the ways to care for your very own personalized money plant and also upon the steps to grow these plants all your own comfort zone.
Requirements to grow Money Plant at Home
- Suitable Pots – To grow money plants in water the best type of pots are glass jars, pots and plastic bottles. Clay pots or ceramic pots are used mostly to grow money plant in soil. To grow money plants in jellies you can use Glass jars, bottles and plastic bottles.
- Season – The best season to grow money plant is anytime. A money plant can also thrive in extreme weather conditions. Hence, it can easily grow in summer and in peak winter as well.
- Suitable Soil – The best soil to increase the fertility of money plant is the loamy soil. Although, money plant can grow in any soil provided to it but loamy soil with suitable amount of organic compost bearing a pH of 6.0 to 7.5 is suitable for its healthy growth.
- Sunlight Requirements – Money plant can thrive pretty well under both direct and indirect sunlight for 4 to 5 hours. Hence, you can keep the pot under direct sunlight as well.
- Watering Requirements – Water the plant every two weeks during the winter season and during the summer season water it every week.
Steps involved in Growing Money Plant
How to grow Money plants with water in Pots?
- Take a healthy cutting of about 30 cm from a plant and cut it at a 45 degree angle. Place the cutting in water in pots, jars, glass pots, etc. Dip half of the stem in water.
- Place the pot in such an area which gets 2 to hours of sunlight. Change the water once in 10 days.
- Use a water soluble Nitrate fertilizer for the healthy growth of the Money Plant.
How to grow Money Plant in pots with soil?
- Select a pot of medium size with a hole provided in the bottom for better drainage facilities.
- Fill the pot with any soil. Loamy soil would be the best choice in this scenario.
- Create a hole in the soil and insert the cut stem and cover up he rest of the hole with the soil to keep the cutting upright and straight.
- Water the plant next. Make sure not to overwater the plant which can eventually lead to root rot. Keep the soil moist all the time. Water your money plant every 8 to 10 days in a row. You can also water the plant after every 10 days. Money plant is a low maintenance plant in that way. It does not need a lot of intensive care.
- Put a stick in the soil for the vine to climb up straight and nice.
- For assisting the plant to grow up faster put the cutting in water and let the roots sprout out first. Then, transfer the plant carefully into the pot you intend to use and cover it up with soil once you make a hole, and insert it in the potting mix. After that water, the plant well to facilitate its healthy growth.
How to grow Money Plants in pots with Jelly?
- 3/4th of the pots should be filled in with jellies. The plus point of using jelly to grow the plants is that jellies contain a lot of moisture and water. Hence, jellies will provide a lot of water to the plants.
- Jellies are used instead of soil because they are less expensive. Therefore, the cost of planting becomes less. It also saves a lot of time.
- Place half of the cuttings in jellies. As a result, in two or three weeks the new roots and leaves will start sprouting out.
- You can either put the cuttings in pots filled with soil or transplant them into the water for their better growth. You can also grow them in jellies themselves.
Tips to Care for Your Money Plant
- Use sand or peat based soil or loamy soil for the growth of the plant.
- Keep the soil moist and sometimes keep it dry between two watering sessions.
- Water deeply till the excess water drains out through the bottom hole.
- Fertilize the plant at least once a month.
- Transplant the plant into larger pots with time.
- Repot the plant after every two years.
Does Money Plant Really Increase Wealth?
There is no Yes or No answer to this question as it depends entirely on your own belief and faith. There are few rules as to where to place your money plant.
- According to the Vastu, it should face the southeast direction for an unending source of positive vibes.
- According to Feng Shui, it should be kept in the living area of your office or home. The worst place for placing a money plant would be in the bathroom. That would definitely bring in negative energy.
Hope so you like this article. I will be back with the next one pretty soon. Comment down below if you have any suggestions for me. Till then, Happy Growing!